All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Although I have so much to write about, I really don't have the time tonight, so I'll keep this brief! I just saw a picture of my brother in Iraq! It was sent via e-mail by my dear sister in law. Seeing it made me sad. He is so thin and he looks tan! He never got tan, even at the beach! He does look happy though. Happy and relaxed, even though he is slouched in the seat of a Hummer, in dirty fatigues. A little girl has adopted him as her best friend, and she is standing in the picture, too. She looks as though she isn't sure if she should be having her picture taken. She is in the head wrap and long clothes, just like all the pictures I've ever seen from women in Iraq. I just can't get over how different my brother looks. He looks like a soldier. It's funny how much you can read from a picture.

Tip of the Day: This isn't scrapbooking, and it's probably old news to those of you who have been computer literate for longer than I, but I wanted to share it anyway. I have been using pictures of my far away loved ones as "Background" for my computer. When I turn on my computer, I usually have a picture of my dear little niece looking at me. It has really brought me closer to her! I have never met her, and seeing her face when I turn my computer on and off, is like a little visit and a reminder that she is out there, my own little niece! I'm putting my brother on today, since I have a new picture of him! That's the neat thing! I can change it once a week, or once a day, or leave it on there forever, it's up to me! I am going to use this as a reminder to pray for my family. I'm going to try to put a different picture up there once a week, and pray for that person when I turn my computer on and off.

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment