All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Friday, March 03, 2006

The future

After all this talk about preserving the past, I thought it would be timely to put some thought into the future as well. Our children are the future, as everybody knows. Even if you don't have children yet, you can write down your hopes and dreams for them to read later. For grandparents, write to your grandkids. Aunts can write to their nieces and nephews. This is a personal part of yourselves that you are leaving with them. It's always good to have goals. When I think of what I would dream for my daughter, I think of both serious things, like saving herself for marriage, as well as silly things, such as her becoming a violinist. It's important for you to write down the hopes and dreams you have for your children. A good place to do this can be on a page where you put just one picture, of the 2 of you snuggling, and fill the rest of the page with journalling.

Tip of the Day: another idea that goes along with this is to ask your children to either dictate or write down what hopes and dreams they have for their own future. This can be as simple as what they want to be when they grow up. For instance, my daughter wants to be a singer and a ballet dancer! You could pair this with your hopes and dreams for them. Write it on the page and include a picture of them singing with a michrophone, or wearing their little tutu. (See, I just got a page idea for pictures I'd already taken! Whoo hoo!)

Scrap Happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment