All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Lasting Moments

I received 2 Creative Memories magazines in my order yesterday, so I have been reading through them every time I sit down at the table. There are so many good ideas in them! I'm one of those people who turn down pages that have ideas I like on them. Let me tell you, these editions have a ton of great ideas for making simple, safe photo albums. I've had subscriptions to other scrapbooking magazines in the past, and the one thing that differs between those and the CM magazine is that I find a lot more ideas that I can use! I remember the other magazines using any type of product in their albums, and I'm not just talking about some brand name or what ever, I'm saying they used cardboard, different metals, pebbles...basically anything goes! Sometimes they did issue warnings about using the items in your scrapbooks. " Make sure that you don't use the original copies of your photos." Well, the whole point of me putting my priceless photos into an album is to protect them! So, Lasting Moments magazine is just what I need!

Tip of the Day: Just looking at these issues in order to steal an idea to tell you left me feeling that everyone should have their own copy! They are just chockfull of ideas that are easy when you see them, but too difficult to describe. I have to say, that I did see at least three ideas in there, that I have already done, years ago, so that made me feel good!Here is one that I hadn't thought of ! For spring, make a few seed packets out of a rectangle of paper decorated with a title ,("seeds" works well!) and matted square stickers. ( They recommend using the Months in Bloom sticker pack) Make one more rectangle seed package, but leave it plain. This will be your open seed packet. To make an open flap, just use a lighter shade of paper and round the edges. Now, use the extras (dots and commas) from the ABC letters and make it look like seeds are falling out of the open packet.

Sccrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment