All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Friday, March 10, 2006

A Day with Mom

This week, I spent a relaxing day at my parent's, just visiting. It was so nice not to have to do anything! As my Mom and I talked, she mentioned how she didn't like some of the pages she had completed in her empty nest album. These pages were special to her because they were from last year, when she and my Dad went to Texas together, and toured the sites after my brother's wedding. I asked her to show them to me, and we spent a little while adding a little bling to her pages! It was nice and relaxing, scrapping together, and just adding that little bit extra, to make the pages stand out. I didn't move any of the pictures she had already put on the page, and I left the journalling the same. All I did was add a little paper, in the form of "rocks" to mimic the spanish missions they were standing by, and matting a picture. I also added some stickers, not very many, but just a couple on each page, keeping the theme. Then I decorated with a pen, adding some lines here and there, attempting to keep the viewer focused on the beautiful photos.

Tip of the day: I used brown and tan to keep the attention on the photos and tie the pages together, since they were all taken on the same trip. I used cross stickers, and stained glass, to keep the mission theme. The rocks were made using the square punch. I then rounded all the corners of the square and placed them unevenly in the blank places on the page. The pictures are what is important. The point of scrapbooking is to showcase them.

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment