All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Monday, March 06, 2006

Love Letters

Around this time every year, I write a letter to my daughter. I call it a "Love Letter from Mama". In it I write how I feel about her and the little things that we do together that no one else shares, like princess kisses and praying in bed each morning before we get up. I'm so glad that I write these things down because they change from year to year and even from month to month! These are the things that I don't want to forget! I create these albums mainly for my daughter, but in a big way, I create them for myself as well. I love to look back and see the things she used to say and the little things she did . I love to read the different nicknames we've had for each other, and remember the way her dark little eyes used to look at me when I'd come into her room in the middle of the night to comfort her when she was a little chubby baby.

Tip of the Day: In years past, I have changed the way I do my love letter, but in general, I have a photo of us on the same page as my letter. You can make lines on the page or use lined paper from Creative Memories. Last year, I had a professional photo taken of the 2 of us looking at each other. I put the 8x10 photo on one page and the letter facing it. All I did to decorate the letter page was to use heart stickers and create a little envelope with a piece of heart paper sticking out of it. In mini red letter stickers, I wrote the title, "Love Letter from Mama."

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment