All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Lessons from Monk

I was watching one of my favorite shows today. The show is Monk, and if you don't know anything about it, here's a quick run down. He is a private detective with a multitude of phobias and quirks. He's a really smart and sweet guy carrying around a wounded heart. His wife, Trudy, died 9 years ago. He still wears his wedding ring, still talks about her to anyone who will stand still long enough to listen, and misses her so much that he keeps her pillow in a sealed bag in the closet. Some nights, he gets out her pillow and just smells it. He's certain that he can still smell her strawberry shampoo and that lilac lotion that she used to wear. Sometimes, he even sees her and talks to her. But everytime she almost kisses him, she disappears. He was having a Trudy moment, seeing her and holding her hand, when he said, "Look at you. You are so beautiful. I should have taken more pictures of you. I should have been taking pictures of you all of the time."
As I heard this, a lightbulb went off in my head! That guilt I sometimes feel for taking so many pictures of my daughter, just disappeared. Sure, film and developing and scrapbooking materials are expensive, but they are hardly a waste! Just yesterday, I decided to look at pictures of my daughter a year ago. I pulled out her album and was amazed to see how much she has changed in one year. She has lost a lot of the roundness and baby chub that she had a year ago. She just looks older! She knows so much more than she did at 2 and a half. She likes such different things. I can't believe how much she has matured. I'm so glad that I take as many pictures as I do.
Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment