All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Here we go Steelers!

I am so excited that our hometown team is in Super Bowl XL! I'm a Steeler's fan year round, I'm pretty attatched to certain players, and I love seeing the black and gold all over town! Being a scrapbooking freak, I have to document it! I have been taking some pictures of the fans we cheer with weekly during the playoffs, in fact I was blamed for Jerome's fumble! "Who took that picture?" I also was able to get some pictures from the pep rally at Heinz field. My daughter still isn't old enough to understand exactly what is happening. She recognizes some jersey numbers and players, knows that they are in Detroit, and sings an adorable rendition of "Here we go", but I know she can't possibly understand what the super bowl means! Someday, when she is older, she will. Then she can look back at the photos and see how cute she looked in her Polamalu jersey, and remember all the fun she had playing with her friend Zack while the adults all watched the game.

Tip of the day: Over the years, I've done many pages of us being fans.
*One idea for pages are to copy the black and yellow bands that are on most Steeler jerseys and use that either running across the bottom or top of the page, or lengthwise along the outside edge.
*I saved confetti from the last home game at Three Rivers stadium, and included it right on the page. I often save my ticket stubs and include them on the page of us at the game.
*CM has football stickers, as well as metallic paper, which has a true gold I love to use. I also like the metallic pen set's gold used on black pages.
* Freehand draw your team's logo. I also copied the label of a Heinz ketchup bottle for a page title.
* Titles: Sports fan, Tiny Football Fan, The Love of the Game, Defense-Offence-Fans behind the fence, Cheering for the Home Team!, Luv our Black & Gold!
* places to take pictures of your favorite team or fellow fans:
the stadium, they let you bring in a regular camera, but not a video camera!

Training camp

autograph signings, often there will be a sign or someone telling you that you can't get photos of you with the athlete. However, you are allowed to take pictures while they sign their autograph, so do that. You might even be allowed to go around behind the autograph table and have them take a picture of you as the autograph is being signed. The key is to being fast! They are only trying to keep the line moving!

Charity events

Wherever you normally watch the game

Scrap Happy! Let's Go Steelers!

No comments:

Post a Comment