All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Sick Days

Last night and today, my daughter and husband were sick. Last night was the longest night of my life! While I didn't take any pictures today, I have in the past taken pictures of my feverish little girl. She just seems so sweet and vulnerable when she's sick, and it hurts me, as her mom, to see her like that. But taking photos is my way of recording her life, the good and the bad times. I remember when my little sister was young and my mom took pictures of her in the hospital. She had little bandages over her eyes and she looked like a bug. The pictures are sad, but they are exactly what I remember my life being like at that time. I'm glad she recorded that.

Tip of the day: My mother took the photos of my sister with black and white film. I think that they capture the feelings and hopelessness we felt looking at her in her hospital crib better in black and white, because there are no distractions.
On the other hand, when I took the picture of my daughter, I used color film, and that's what I would recommend. You wouldn't have been able to see her severely flushed cheeks had I used B&W film, and that would have taken so much away from the picture.

On that note, Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment