All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Monday, February 27, 2006

Welcome to the Family

My brother got married a year ago to a girl we had just met! They had a quick courtship of 4 months! But when you know it's the one, and you are about to be shipped off to war at any moment, there isn't any reason to dilly dally about it, I guess! We are lucky, because she is great! She is better at keeping in touch than I am. We can and do talk on the phone for an hour a week, if not longer. They had their baby in November, and at her request, I sent an address list of the family so that she could send out birth announcements. She saw the names, but being so new to the family, she didn't know who the people were and how they were related. She mentioned this to my cousin, Rachel.Instead of telling her who they were, my cousin decided to make her a "Welcome to the Family" photo album! What a great idea! For instance, she will have a page with a photo of my Aunt Cricket on it and write who she is and how she is related to my brother. (Mom's younger sister) On the pages following, she will put my cousin, Kelly and his wife and kids, as well as my other cousins on the pages after that. I love that idea! I think it would be nice to give that to any new member of the family! What a wedding present! I would love to have one of these for my daughter, because our family is spread out across 6 states, all the way across the country! I like her to know who I'm talking about when I talk about family members, even ones that she has never met.

Tip of the Day: If I did a book like this I would start off with a family tree. If you use a 7x7 album, I would put Aunt Cricket on one page, Kelly and Sara, his wife on the next. The kids would be on the next page. If you use a 12x12 album, you could probably make a 2 page spread with Aunt Cricket and her kids and their kids. Using a 7x7 might make it easier to add on if someone has a baby.

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment