All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

An Album for Daddy

A couple of years ago, my Dad came back from a visit with his parents carrying a scrapbook his mother had made for him. It contained pictures from his childhood through his adult life. She had collected articles from the newspaper and everything. The pages were now amber, and she had used glue to secure them to the page, and sometimes ordinary tape. I loved looking at that book and seeing drawings he had done as a child. I had never seen most of the photos. Of course, I didn't waste any time getting them out of there and into a Creative Memories album! Judging the amount of photos, I decided to use an 8 1/2 x 11 album. I used black pages because most of the photos were black and white. I also used black portrait sleeves to hold the newspaper clippings and things that he had made out of construction paper, just because I didn't like them being next to the photos. If you don't know what a portrait sleeve is, it's a page that has a clear pocket the same size as the page on both sides. It has a piece of paper in it, which you can remove. I gave my dad the finished album for Christmas, and he loved it. I like it because I know that his pictures are safe!

tip of the day: use subdued colors to compliment your photos, especially when working with sephia. You probably won't want to use a bunch of cutesy stickers if you are trying to keep it true to the time the photos were taken. Of course, CM has packs to help you. Heritage stickers, all different decades, starting in the 40's, and a legacy paper pack.

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment