All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

scrapbooking with kids

Yesterday, I had the chance to teach scrapbooking to almost 20 kids and their parents. I love watching kids scrapbook! They see things so differently than we do! As with any craft, they love doing it! Girls of all ages take to scrapbooking right away. The funny thing to me was that while the boys had to be strongly encouraged to participate, once they started, they loved doing it! They didn't ever admit it, but you could see how much fun they were having, especially when it came to using the tools! Boys of all ages catch on to the tools naturally faster than girls. I'm always impressed by the occasional male scrapbooker I come across. Guys are just as good at scrapbooking as girls and they have such a unique perspective!

Tip of the Day: Teach a kid to scrapbook! I have old supplies that I can give to my daughter and let her go to town while I get some scrapbooking of my own accomplished. Save your photos that aren't quite good enough for the album you're working on, or give them the doubles. When working with the kids yesterday, I used the clear photo splits instead of a tape runner. This controlled their tape use, and kept my tape runner from getting all messed up! Watch them as they use tools. Corner rounders and makers are fun for them to use, and pretty sturdy. Most importantly, don't confine their creativity to what you think a page should look like!

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment