All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

One month down...

February is here and I have a chance to look back and see how I have been doing with my resolutions. Surprisingly, I have kept up with them pretty well! I'm excited to tell you that I lost weight and fit into my jeans! (all except one pair!) I can wear jeans that I never was able to fit into. I'm happy, but still not satisfied. I have been tackling one thing I want to change per week, and I think it's easier that way. The last week, I ate more snacks, and didn't work on any particular thing I want to change. I think it's important for me to write my goal for the week down.
As for scrapbooking, I have been working on my daughter's album, and am caught up to our trip to Disney World in December. I spent hours last night organizing the trip pictures so that I can start on them. I'm always a little nervous when working on vacation pictures, because I want the pages to be perfect.

Tip of the Day: Do you ever have just 2 or 3 photos from an event, but not a whole lot to journal about? I often make a page combining all the different photos and a rundown from the month. One of my recent combination pages was of 2 of my Aunts who ended up visiting us from Arizona with in a month of each other. I made a page which I titled, "Aunts from Arizona" and I'm so happy with the result! The hardest thing was deciding which color paper I wanted to use. The colors in the 2 groups of pictures weren't the same and I had to use something that would compliment all of them. I used a 3 inch wide strip of paper right across the center of the page so that I had the 2 photos of the one aunt on the top and the photos of the other on the bottom. This helped to gently separate the 2. I used letter stickers for the titling and just 2 southern stickers. It's a very soft page. I love it.

Scrap Happy!

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for visiting my blog! you should keep up with the knitting -- though it sounds like you have plenty of hobbies as is. congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete