All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Monday, February 06, 2006

Scrapbooking the Steeler's Super Bowl Win!

I'm so happy that we won the super bowl! We have a group of us that watch the game together every week, so it was really special to be with them for the big game! I decided to let my daughter stay up for the whole game. We usually try to have her in bed with the lights out at 8pm, so I tried to get her to take a nap right after lunch. I held her, read her a book without pictures, and even took her on a car ride. But she never closed her eyes!
Her little friends left to go home to bed around her usual bedtime, and that's when she came in with us to watch what was left of the game. I'm so glad I let her stay up! I now have some wonderful memories of her really watching the game! I was able to get some pictures, of course!!! I have a picture of her with her arms up in the air cheering at the end of the game. I didn't get it on film, but tucked away in my mind is a shot of her pointing at the TV and yelling along with everyone when her guy, Polamalu recovered a fumble. She really does understand a lot more than I realized about football and the Steelers. The general consenses is that Jaelyn won't remember the Steelers winning the Super Bowl, but I disagree. I think that with the help of pictures, she will remember and be happy that she was there when the Steelers took the Bus to the Super Bowl!

Tip of the Day: During one of the games, I took all the kids outside and took their pictures next to a bunch of golden mums we have in our yard. I then made a journalling box by punching out squares of the mums from extra pictures, and making a frame of them in a rectangle shape. I journalled inside the rectangle. It gave a girly feel to a sporty page!
To make it even more personal, I also punched squares of the kid's faces out, one kid to a square, and put one in each corner of the rectangle instead of the mum squares. I get a lot of compliments on that page.

Scrap Happy!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:29 PM

    WHOOHOOO...not only did we win the super bowl, you updated your blog:)
    GO Steelers!!

    ReplyDelete