All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Monday, February 20, 2006

Trains

Trains are loved most by little boys, and often big boys, too! I myself have a train that travels high around the living room on a suspended track. This train was given to my daughter for Christmas in 2004 by her Pap Pap. When she opened it, I think she was only half as excited as her daddy was! So, I thought I'd share a few ideas dedicated to trains and the boys (and girls) who love them!

Tip of the Day: Train stickers are sold in the toddler trinkets and toys pack, but you can even make your own train on a page pretty easily. My friend did a page for Christmas entitled Babe in Toyland. She created a train out of different colored rectangles of paper, using the circle maker to punch wheels, and connecting the train by hand-drawing connectors. She added a personal touch by punching a square in the engine and putting an extra photo of her son there! She then filled the empty cars with toy stickers found in the pack mentioned above. It looks so cute!
Another idea is how I decorated my daughter's page of her opening her train present and watching it get set up. I used a black page instead of white. I had only 3 pictures, so I saved room for journalling. I drew a train track along the bottom of the page and put a train on it. (using stickers) I wanted the train to have smoke coming out of the stack, so I used some leftover cloud stickers for that. I then used black and white letter stickers to write "CHoo CHoo CHoo" coming out of the smoke stack. I used the white letter stickers to write on the black page and the black letters to write on the white clouds. Result - ADORABLE.

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment