All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Friday, February 24, 2006

Memories of my Grandfather

My Grandfather has been getting increasingly more senile. It's so sad. The last time I talked to my Gramma, she said that he had found pictures from his childhood. They both have saved photos from when they were young. If they ever were to leave me anything, the photos are what I would cherish the most. Sadly, my gramma found Grandad's photos on the floor, torn in half. I never was very close to my Grandfather, but I always wanted to be. He just didn't know how to relate to children. We didn't hug until I was a teenager. His side of the family is shrouded in mystery, to me at least. All I have are the bizzare stories that my Gramma has told me. I would like to have a photo album filled with pictures and what little I know about these people I call family. Someday, I am going to make an album like this for my daughter. I'll include photos from both sides of her family, if I can search some out. I think that she will really appreciate that when she has kids of her own.

Tip of the Day: When working on a heritage album, like the one I just described, be very gentle with the photos! Removing them from an original album can be tough. Creative Memories has a tool called the Multipurpose tool, that works great at getting Photos out of albums, even if they were glued in there!

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment