All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

ABC Albums

For my daughter's 2nd birthday, I gave her an ABC album. I decorated the pages with a mish mosh of stickers, all starting with the correct letter. I used alphabet stickers to make both a large A and the small a. I included pictures on each page and some were even 2 page spreads. In the pictures, I had people that's names start with that letter as well as items that start with that letter. I made it like an I Spy book because I want her to enjoy looking at it for years to come. For example, on the Gg page I had Gramma standing on the porch by the grill (with a giraffe magnet stuck to it), wearing a green shirt, gloves, and googles. On the table in front of her is a goose mug, globe and some grapes. I was even more clever in some that don't even seem posed! But I had fun and she loves to look at the people she loves. Grownups enjoy looking for the different items in the picture! The funny thing was that I procrastinated and didn't get going on the pictures until a month before her birthday! I was calling people and asking if I could come over to take their picture and asking them to wear certain colors and I think that a lot of them thought I had a screw loose! Once they saw her album at the party, I think everyone understood why I needed to get that picture of them!!!

Tip of the Day: This is such a great gift idea for kids you know! You don't even have to put pictures in it! Use the smallest sized album, the 7x7. I usually just decorate the pages with the alphabet letters and a sticker or 2. It is a personal present, created just for them, and the kids really love it! I often like to include a photo of my daughter with the birthday child on the Jj page. Nn is a tough page to do! In My daughter's book, I just used the square punch and punched out pictures of all different people and character's noses, and this is fun for her to look at and try to guess who the noses belong to.
You can include as little or as much as you want to. I've done a book where I had an animal theme, one where I included all die-cuts on the pages, and one where I made sure to include every shape and color that started with that letter. I like to include numbers as well, one starts with O and zero starts with Z! I have done at least 7 books for my daughter's friends. They have always been a hit!

Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment