All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Sunday, September 18, 2005

My daughter's first pictures

NO, this isn't about baby pictures! Although that is something I could write about at another time..Hmmm (lightbulb!) I had such a blast creating a 2 page spread about my daughter's first attempt at photography! I used a black page and a white page and made squares (using the square punch) in a strip of paper , as a border along the side of the page. It resembled a negative. On the black page, I used silver paper, and on the white page, I made the border black. It really turned out cute! I stuck some camera and film stickers in a few of the squares , and matted 2 of the pictures. I hardly cropped them at all, but angled them on the page so that they weren't straight. The pictures she took were really cute. I even included the really close up of part of her face, the shots of my sister's feet, and the side of the porch! I had taken 2 pictures of her, one of her taking a pic of me, and one of her from the back taking a picture of my cousin and sister. She took a really great picture of my sister! It was one of the ones I matted actually. It is a totally different view since she's so small, and my sister is really smiling, I mean really! So often people smile for pictures, and it's just not their geniune smile. But since the photographer was so charming, my sister is smiling with the happiest smile!

Tip of the Day: I talked about it a little bit, but contrast is a really cool thing to do in your album. I like using different colored facing each other every once in a while. Sometimes, I use the exact same paper on both pages and sometimes I have done what I talked about today, using white paper on a black page and black paper on white pages, facing each other. It can really have a striking effect. Cm now has white, black, natural and spargo pages.
Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment