All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Birthday Ideas

Having succesfully photographed 3 of my daughter's birthdays, I have some ideas you might like. Please feel free to add your own in the comments section! I'm always looking for more ideas!

I like to save an invitation to my daughter's birthday party and include it on the first page of her birthday party pages in her album.

I try to get a picture of everyone attending the party.

For her first birthday, not only did I include a picture of everyone, but I had everyone write something to the birthday girl on little journalling blocks that I predecorated with a pen and a mickey sticker. This way, I could just stick the journalling block in the album next to the picture. A word of advice, don't let people say that they want to take the journalling block home and will give it to you later!

I get her picture professionally taken for each birthday. I buy the 3x5 proofs and put them all in her album, along with one of the largest sized photos, on a 2 page spread. I think having several professional pics of her together helps to show her personality.

Her party is usually not on her actual birthday, so I take pictures on her actual birthday as well.

I put all of her birthday cards into her album by using pocket pages.

I like to get a picture of the cake by itself and I usually cut it out in profile to place on the page.

This year, I was especially happy with my pictures of my little girl blowing out her candles. I seated her in the yard and asked everyone to stand around behind her, and beside her. This way, a lot of her friends and family are in the pictures as well, but not blocking the camera.

Even when I'm decorating for her party, I'm thinking of the pictures I want to take. I try to get as many of the decorations in pictures as I can, but usually in the background.

At each of her birthday parties, there are certain pictures I always take. A Picture of the birthday girl by herself, a picture of our little family of 3, pictures of the games being played, pictures of her opening her gifts, pictures of her being sung "Happy Birthday" to and eating her cake.

I'm a theme person, so I always dress her to go with whatever she is into, which is the party theme that year anyway.

Happy Partying!
Scrap Happy!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:19 AM

    Thanks for the great ideas.I love your blog.I check it almost every day.Any pointers on "lighting"-- with the candles and cake.Do you like the candle flames only alluminating or do you prefer a little lighting from another source? Any pointers on what works and what to avoid.I am especially talking about after dark cake-a- flame.

    ReplyDelete