All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The fastest way to shed those unwanted pounds

This involves no dieting and no physical exursion other than the use of some of your scrapbooking tools! When I have been unhappy with the weight on myself or others, I simply find a way to avoid seeing it! At my daughter's dedication, I was still carrying quite a bit of baby weight. One particular picture from behind was extremely unflattering to me, yet it was a nice picture of our little family and I really couldn't leave it out! With the clever placement of a die cut church placed with the steeple at my back, you can't even tell what size my behind is! Another time, another person: With this picture, the subject was facing the camera. To crop the photo just below the subject's chest would have cut out important background that I didn't want to lose. Instead, I used the cutting system to cut an oval out of the picture, right around the person. Then I used the cutting system to cut a slightly larger oval out of a complimentary shade of paper.I put the photo (with the oval cut out of it) onto the page, attatched the paper oval in the blank space where the person had been, and then put the person in their oval shape right on top, like you would stack a cake! Now the person had a thin, oval frame around them in the picture. This served both to highlight the person, as well as hide their tummy. It turned out better than I'd hoped!
Sometimes the best way to get rid of unwanted weight, is just to crop it off!!!
Scrap Happy!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:05 PM

    My, you have been busy==so many interesting articles.I love it.

    Any tips for better photos are always appreciated.Thanks.

    Don't you hate it when others use your blog comments section to advertise their own sites?I am not doing that.I really love your site.

    ReplyDelete