All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Pictures that POP!

Since I'm scrapbooking to show my daughter's life, I want people to notice the actual PICTURES when they look through the book! Sometimes, I think we can get so obsessed with the cute stickers and all the nifty page elements out there, that they take center stage on our page! Everything should compliment your pictures, make them really stand out! One way I do this is to mat my favorite picture on the page. Sometimes, I carefully cut the person right out of the picture and put them on the page without all that background stuff, I think that's considered profiling! Cropping the distractions from your pictures are the way to go, even if you skip the fancy shapes, and just keep everything square or rectangular. Sometimes, I've discoved that a picture, cleverly placed over a corner of another picture, conceals the underside of the dog just perfectly. Other people usually will never even notice! Place the pictures you don't want anyone to miss on the outer half of the page. People's eyes are naturally drawn to the outside, rather than the inside half of the page, especially the upper, outside quarter. Don't cram too many pictures on a page either. Use colors that compliment the red rocks in the picture, or show the baby's rosy cheeks. Remember, it's all about the pictures!

Tip of the Day: There were a lot of tips in this day already, but along the same line of making your pictures stand out, If you have a picture that you really want everyone to notice, spend a few bucks at Walmart, and get it enlarged. Even just having it 5x7, hardly larger than the 4x6 I always get my pictures developed in, makes a huge difference!
Scrap Happy!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:33 AM

    Wonderful ideas. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete