All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Friday, September 02, 2005

Lessons from Katrina

Every scene I see about the damage from Katrina seems surreal. How flippantly I wrote, "Welcome to PA, Katrina!" I felt sick when I watched the news a few hours later. I held my breath listening as a father told a crying reporter about his struggle to hold on to his wife's hands. I was angered by the looters, amazed by the devastation of the homes under a lakeful of water; I felt the helplessness of the thousands of people living in the metrodome. One young lady sat on a pile of rubble and said with regret, " You think of what really matters to you, and you try to fill your car with everything you really want. And now, looking back, instead of trying to save my plasma TV, and jewelry and furniture, I wish I would have saved my pictures. Because I didn't, and now I have nothing. Everything's gone."

Tip of the Day: Help for water damaged photographs. It should go without saying, that water is harmful to your photos! Even moisture in the air can be detrimental to your photos, and your completed scrapbook albums. Creative Memories paper is colorfast, so it won't run onto your page, but other brands will, and have. As long as you write with a CM pen, your writing should be able to withstand some moisture, as well. But your pictures cannot! You can protect them from water by keeping them out of the basement, kitchen, bathroom and any rooms with a leak! If you should happen to have a flood and your pictures are exposed to water, the best thing to do is to try to air dry them as soon as possible. I have seen photos stuck together that were able to be saved. There are things that you can try that don't cost anything. If you have photos that have water damage, there may be hope after all. Contact me aleasalbums@yahoo.com or go to Creative Memories website for more help.
Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment