All you Need is Love

All you Need is Love
Mother's Day 2013

Friday, September 02, 2005

Grabbing the time to scrapbook

It's a common thing to have people tell me that they just don't have the time to scrapbook! Well, there are ways of getting albums accomplished. The easiest thing is having a table or desk that you can leave the album pages you're working on out on. Clean up takes away valuable time. But if you stay organized, it is possible to scrapbook right out of your bag. That's what I have been doing lately. I keep my cutting templates for the cutting system (the plastic things!)in the memory mate case(a canvas bag that you can see through. It's the size of a purse.), along with all of my pens. I have the blades for the system in the drawer of my personal trimmer, and I use the 12 inch trimmers right out of my bag. I also keep my papers in the memory mate carryall. I just throw these things back in the Carryall as I use them which really makes cleanup a sinch! I keep a garbage can to my right, and toss the cuttings as I cut them. I have an accessory binder where I keep my stickers and die-cuts organized, and as long as I replace each sheet after I use a sticker from it, I don't feel like I have an hour long clean up after I'm done! The 2 side pockets of my Carryall hold my Makers (some call them punches) and my personal trimmer. Everything I use, including extra pages and protectors, fits into the Carryall, except for the accessory binder, which has it's own handle anyway. I really have gotten into the less is more kind of scrapbooking! Can you believe I used to use stamps, embroidering floss and so many things that it was difficult for me to go anywhere to scrap! It used to take me an hour to pack up because I couldn't fit everything into my bags, so I'd have to figure out what I needed for the pages I was going to do before I left home. Simple is the wave of the future, girls!
Tip of the Day: If I am taking my daughter to the library reading program, sometimes I'll take my newest pack of pictures, the case with my cutting system in it, my personal trimmer (blades in drawer)and I'll crop my photos as the program goes on. I finished cropping several rolls of film of our trip to the beach in one reading program! Cropping on the go!
Scrap Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment